COVID Comp Tape #12

The whole playlist is here, for your continuous viewing pleasure. 

El Hijo del Santo vs Negro Casas - July 18, 1987


I was thinking about Hijo del Santo early this week, and I'm not entirely sure, but if you asked me right now, I think I'd say he's the greatest wrestler off all time. His offense is perfect and he puts together great matches. Negro Casas would be the best luchador ever if Santo didn't exist.

El Hijo del Santo vs Psicosis - May 3, 1995


These guys supposedly have a ton of great matches, but this is the only one I've seen. If this is any indication, I'd bet the rest are pretty great.

El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas vs Bestia Salvaje & Scorpio Jr. - March 19, 1999


I don't know a ton about Salvaje, supposedly he's a guy who shines in trios matches, and honestly I'm not going out of my way to watch random trios matches, so I don't know, but he's good here.

El Hijo del Santo vs Blue Panther - April 9, 2000


Older Santo, older Blue Panther, still great. 

Billy Scott vs Yoshihiro Takayama - June 10, 1994


Yesterday morning I was thinking about Billy Scott, so I watched a bunch of stuff today. UWFi had some weird pipeline of southern wrestlers, and Scott is far and away the best of them. Here he is with a young Takayama. 

Billy Scott vs Gary Albright - April 20, 1995


Billy Scott could do the real slick grappling stuff all he wanted, but when it came time to build Gary Albright, UWFi had him be suplexed into a living death. 

Billy Scott vs Kenichi Yamamoto - October 23, 1996


This is a real humdinger, probably Scott's best match, and one of my favorite UWFi matches. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[04-30-2006] John Cena vs Triple H vs Edge

[08-20-2006] John Cena vs Edge

[01-01-2022] Big E vs Bobby Lashley vs Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens vs Brock Lesnar - WWE: Day 1