Greatest JCP/WCW Wrestler Wrap-Up

I should have voted for Gary Hart. I was under the impression that he didn't wrestle any matches in Crockett, one of the criteria I had for my list was for everyone to have at least one match, no matter how farcical it may have been, so I never really considered him, but he did work some tags as a manager in 1983. So, I blew it with Gary Hart, he should have made my list somewhere below Jim Cornette. 

Two things stand out to me from the final list. The first is that the Nitro-era is, in my mind, over-represented, guys who had maybe a two-year run on the undercard in the 90s placed a lot higher than a guy like Don Kernodle who was a major pushed player for JCP. It's not surprising, but I don't think it's right. The same goes for Piper and Jimmy Valiant. 

The other thing that stands out is there are a lot of guys I was the low voter on who I think are really great, but from a WCW perspective, they just didn't do a ton. Jushin Liger and Steve Austin are great wrestlers, but they just don't have a WCW resume to rank in the top 50.

I do want to say that Flair was always going to be number 1. I thought he would be unanimous, but both Sting and Vader got votes at 1. Sting, I don't see it. I had him at 3, but he just doesn't match Flair on any level, but if you totally disregard quantity, Vader's WCW run is pretty incredible and in the sort of snapshot view of a wrestler, I love voting for Vader at 1, even if I wouldn't do it myself. 

Wrestlers I was the high voter on:

Vince Russo

My Vote: 96

Finished: 206

Johnny Weaver

My Vote: 91

Finished: 191

Brutus Beefcake

My Vote: 84

Finished: 159

Don Kernodle

My Vote: 49

Finished: 117

Eric Bischoff

My Vote: 30

Finished: 94

Jimmy Valiant

My Vote: 39

Finished: 90

Kevin Sullivan

My Vote: 31

Finished: 58

Ole Anderson

My Vote: 17

Finished: 50

Roddy Piper

My Vote: 10

Finished: 37

Arn Anderson

My Vote: 2

Finished: 3

Ric Flair

My Vote: 1

Finished: 1

Wrestlers I was the low voter on:

Dory Funk Jr.

My Vote: 90

Finished: 163

Brian Knobbs

My Vote: 94

Finished: 100

Jerry Saggs

My Vote: 93

Finished: 98

La Parka

My Vote: 100

Finished: 87

Kanyon

My Vote: 99

Finished: 70

Jushin Liger

My Vote: 89

Finished: 48

Dean Malenko

My Vote: 63

Finished: 34

Steve Austin

My Vote: 59

Finished: 23

Lex Luger

My Vote: 29

Finished: 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[04-30-2006] John Cena vs Triple H vs Edge

[08-20-2006] John Cena vs Edge

[01-01-2022] Big E vs Bobby Lashley vs Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens vs Brock Lesnar - WWE: Day 1